ADVERTISEMENT

A-State Recruiting A few final elite camp notes

Luke Matheson

Publisher - RedWolfReport.com
Staff
May 26, 2007
I was going through my notes from both elite camps yesterday, and just wanted to give a bit of a final run down of news and notes that I gathered.

The guys I think have a shot at possibly landing an offer include Malcolm Johnson, Darius Shipp, Jon Womack, Justin Redmond, and possibly David Wehmeyer.

Guys I think have a shot at preferred walk on offers include Logan Jessup from Wynne, Antonio Snow from Pine Bluff, Alfonso Deleon from Shreveport. Caleb Pipes has already landed a preferred walk on offer out of this camp.

A few 2019 guys to keep an eye on include Stacey Wilkins from Camden Fairview, Kevin Pointer from Jonesboro, Kinkead Dent from Jackson, and J.P. Andrade from California. Wilkins is reporting an offer on Twitter, i've just got to confirm if it's a scholarship offer, or preferred walk on offer.

One interesting note is that a JUCO kid showed up and was trying to convince some of the coaches to offer him so he could commit. He didn't have a very good day. I'm not going to name him, but he is a DB that ran a high 4.8 40-yard-dash. Frankly, that isn't going to cut it.

The first session was HOT and on the turf inside of the stadium. You could tell the heat was taking its toll because kids began to drag very early in the camp. Coaches were constantly having to water them up and motivate them. The second session was during a thunderstorm and inside of the indoor facility. It went quite a bit better for that group.

One other young man I want to mention is a 2019 kid named Nicholas Prichard from Glen Rose. He tweaked his knee in a team camp earlier this week and wasn't able to work out, but attended the camp anyways so he could show Brian Early and Joe Cauthen that he has interest in the program. He plays defensive tackle, and is a hoss. He is 6-foot and 260 pounds. He went to the Rivals camp in St. Louis and manhandled Noah Gatlin and Darius Thomas. He attended my camp and dominated Allen Amuiamuia and Luke Jones from Pulaski Academy. He is a short, stocky guy, but A-State has had success with those kind of guys on the interior. This is not to say that A-State will offer him, but they are checking into him based on several of his camp performances and game film.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News