ADVERTISEMENT

A-State Recruiting Layne Hatcher

Luke Matheson

Publisher - RedWolfReport.com
Staff
May 26, 2007

Arkansas State has offered Pulaski Academy QB Layne Hatcher. Hatcher holds offers from Murray state, Eastern Illinois, Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech, OBU, Newberry College. Additionally Duke and Oklahoma State have offered for wrestling.

I asked him what his thoughts were on the offer.

"It was really awesome, especially with their winning culture and great coaches," said Hatcher. "I talked to Coach Anderson and Coach Faulkner on the phone. We talked about looking forward to the future, and getting me up there Saturday, and the great things coming to A-State."

"I definitely like the coaches and culture, which is most important," said Hatcher. "I will know better once I'm up there, and I can't wait to get up to Jonesboro. I really just want to see what the guys are like, and see the winning atmosphere."

Last week against Little Rock Christian Hatcher set a national passing record, where he went 36-of-46 passing for 791 yards, and 9 touchdowns. He will be in attendance for Saturday's game against Coastal Carolina.

I spoke with Layne's father - Greg Hatcher - as well. He also had great things to say about the offer.

"I really like Coach Anderson and Coach Faulkner," he said. "You want your kids coached by good humans who win. They are both. I'm looking forward to seeing my first A-State game this weekend."

Here's Hatcher's highlights from his record setting game against Little Rock Christian.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News