ADVERTISEMENT

A-State Football Blake Anderson SBC Teleconference Notes - UAPB Week

Luke Matheson

Publisher - RedWolfReport.com
Staff
May 26, 2007
I just got off of the weekly Sun Belt Teleconference with Blake Anderson. Below you will find a few key notes from the call. I will transcribe the entire conversation as always and have it posted later today.

The guys are chomping at the bit to get back onto the field and play a game.

They were obviously shocked and disappointed that the Miami game was canceled, but understood why.

The team got two days off, then returned to practice yesterday.

Anderson was pleased with the practice. He called it one of the best they have had.

Anderson noted some of the players tweeting about wanting to play. He said that probably came from the good practice that they had on Sunday, and the guys just being ready to get onto the field in front of a home crowd.

Anderson noted that the week off did help them heal some guys up.

Brandon Byner will still be out another week or two. He has "a pretty significant hamstring injury with a potential tear."

We should see Johnston White this week. He had a really good practice yesterday.

Armond Weh-Weh hasn't broken back into the rotation yet. Anderson said that physically he is capable, but he thinks Armond is dealing with some mental things coming off of the knee surgery and an ankle injury.

They used the extra week to fix some mistakes that cost them the Nebraska game. (In talking with Blake, you can tell that he believes his team absolutely should have won that game. He isn't accepting a moral victory. He's upset they didn't leave Nebraska with a win. Personally, I love this about him. That very attitude is what will push this team and program to that next level.)

On paper A-State should run over UAPB, but they have to make sure they do the work. Anderson mentioned Howard beating UNLV as a 45-point underdog, and said they have to make sure they are not their own worst enemy and are able to win the games they are supposed to.

He is happy to play in-state games. He said it makes sense to him to play them and keep money in the state, on top of making it easier for fans of both teams to travel and enjoy a game within the boarders of their home state.

I'll have more in a bit!

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News