ADVERTISEMENT

A-State Football Day one practice thoughts

Luke Matheson

Publisher - RedWolfReport.com
Staff
May 26, 2007
Well, football season is finally here. Fall camp obviously began this morning, and there were a few things that stood out to me that I will note below.

- The weather was great. It wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze that the guys enjoyed.
- Justice Hansen threw a lot of nice balls. He has the potential to have a big year.
- Kendrick Edwards is physical. He's going to hurt some feelings this year if he plays to his potential.
- Blake Mack is still a beast at TE. He made several good plays in the team portions.
- Jonah Hill was on the sidelines nursing an injury. I'm not sure what it was, but he was on the bike a lot.
- Griffin Riggs tweaked something as well, but it didn't look serious.
- Michael Johnson was introduced to A-State football quickly. He messed up on a play and had Blake Anderson chasing him off of the field while giving him the business. He did well after that.
- Jefferie Gibson made some nice plays.
- A.J. Cayentano is a guy to watch. He already has the frame of a solid DB, and his skill set is just about there as well. He stood out on day one.
- Justin McInnis made some nice plays. He's going to be a really good WR as well.
- The energy level was very high today. It may just be that it is day one of camp, but they went after it. There were a couple of the typical fall camp pushing and shoving matches, but nothing serious.
- There were several "new guys" who really brought energy to day one. Ja'Von Rolland-Jones said that he believes there will be several new guys who will contribute immediately this year.
- Jonathan Adams looks the part. If he can pick up the playbook quickly, he could possibly contribute as a true freshman.
- Kaz Kazadi is on a whole different level. Nothing against Shadeed, but Kazadi is just on another level. He was out there pushing guys and getting all over them if they didn't hydrate when they ran off of the field. I heard him tell a few guys "If I can hydrate better than you, I can compete better than you."
- Allen Rudolph was on the o-line hard from the get go. He is going to do his best to whip them into shape, and it all started today, despite not being in pads yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News