ADVERTISEMENT

A-State Recruiting Monday January 25, 2016 Recruiting Blitz

Luke Matheson

Publisher - RedWolfReport.com
Staff
May 26, 2007
As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

1775215.jpg

We now have nine days until NSD 2016, and things are down to the wire for Blake Anderson and his staff. I will be updating this thread throughout the day with information as I receive it.

To begin, the staff will visit every commit this week before coming back for another big official visit weekend. I personally think this is a great thing to do because we know some other schools will be trying to come in on some guys, and this is a way to continue to show them love, and keep them as Red Wolves.

A quick recap on guys who committed during their visit:

Armond Weh-Weh, RB Scottsdale CC, has committed to A-State

Sean Brown, OL Pleasent Grove, AL, has decommitted from South Alabama and committed to A-State. CLICK HERE for more on Brown.

BJ Edmonds, ATH Mobile, AL, has committed to A-State

Now, I've been asked about Onyx Brown and if he decommitted. He did not decommit, he had his offer pulled due to academic reasons.

Here's some updates on official visits from this weekend as well.

Jacob Atnip said that his visit "went amazing." I asked him what his favorite part of the visit was, and he said "Eating. We ate a lot!"

Brandon Bowling had the following to say about his visit:

"It was really great. I was going in there expecting it to be great, and it was. I had a great time and I'm super excited to get there and get going."

I asked him what his favorite part of the visit was:

"Probably when we walked in the indoor and got to put on the jerseys and take pictures with them on. That was really cool. The indoor is very nice."

Logan Bonner said "It went great. All it did was ensure my decision that I made back in May of last year."

11:18 AM UPDATE

Jacob Still
said the following about his visit:

"Everything was great. We toured all of the facilities. It was the first time that I was able to meet the new OC, and I'm excited about the offense. The academic tour was great. It was good to meet with the academic advisers to get an understanding on how our schedules will work. I also liked listening to Mr. Mohajir talk about the opportunities athletes at ASU have after graduation like studying abroad. The highlight of the weekend was being able to eat in the new press box. It was my first time up there, and it was really nice."

Ben Sukut said the following about his visit:

"It was great. I got to meet a lot of the players and get to know the recruits better. It was good to see everything that was under construction in the summer done, and it is all really nice."

11:48 AM UPDATE

There is a new commit, but he has requested that his name not be released until he has the opportunity to inform everyone he needs to inform. I will say this, it is for the defensive side of the ball, and he will be a solid addition. As soon as I'm given the green light I will post who he is.

11:37 AM UPDATE

The new commit is William Bradley-King from Hogan Prep in Kansas City. He holds additional offers from Missouri State, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, South Dakota, Southern Illinois, and Western Illinois

1:45 PM UPDATE

This comes from Rivals regional recruiting analyst Josh Helmholdt regarding Bradley-King:

"I believe Arkansas State was Bradley-King’s only FBS offer, and that surprises me because I know he impressed at several Power 5 camps in the summer and his raw tools are definitely FBS material. At this point in his development, Bradley-King is more potential than pure football player. The sum of the parts is greater than the whole, but college coaches usually love players like that. He has the things you cannot teach - size, speed, athleticism - and only lacks in areas that can be developed with good coaching. The ceiling is very high here and Arkansas State could be looking back in a few years at Bradley-King being the steal of the class."

6:40 PM UPDATE

Troy Elliot is another one who enjoyed his visit. He had the following to say:

"It went great. It was awesome spending time with all of the commits and coaches. The meals were great, but touring all of the facilities and seeing all the equipment was probably my favorite."

6:50 PM UPDATE

Right now A-State is sitting at 23 commits. I'm told the situation is fluid and that they very well may over sign. Of course, recruiting is wild, and you could lose a few before NSD, but if they keep everyone, they will most likely over sign. There have been no information given regarding gray shirts, count backs, etc.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News