ADVERTISEMENT

A-State Football Some observations from last night's game against Lafayette

Luke Matheson

Publisher - RedWolfReport.com
Staff
May 26, 2007
I made the trip to Lafayette last year when A-State had the TD overturned at the end of the game. The way the ULL coaching staff and players acted after frankly pissed everyone at A-State off. They ran to the A-State sidelines and began taunting the team and coaches. I nearly got into a fight with a player because he ran up and started calling my wife a bitch. Two A-State players pulled me back (He may have whipped my ass, but he would have known I was there, lol).

Fast forward to last night. A-State always walks into the stadium and makes a circle around the midfield logo for a pregame prayer. They have done it for years. While attempting to pray last night, several ULL players were on the field and began taunting them during the prayer. They said that it wouldn't do no good for them to try to protect their logo because of what was going to happen during the game.

Needless to say, that compounded with how they acted at the end of last year's game, and the team decided they were going to come out and handle their business between the stripes, and send a message that way. I asked A-State DE Ja'Von Rolland-Jones is they way they played was indicative of how they felt towards ULL due to the comments and actions made by the team and staff. He said "Absolutely."

They wanted to play with class and not get tangled up in ULL players attempting to start fights, and just wanted to leave no doubt on the field of who the better team was. Go watch Blake Anderson's press conference. He noted how much fun it was to dominate the game. There's a reason he said it. You can also view several player interviews as well, and they all note it as well.

Needless to say, ULL barked up the wrong tree last night on the field before the game, and got sent home with their tail tucked between their legs. Honestly, it couldn't have happened to a better team.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News